MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop is a luxury marketplace where you can purchase unique luxury goods and art for your luxury home and garden directly from sellers around the world. Whether you are looking for handmade ornaments for your bedroom or vintage furniture or a rustic fountain for your patio, we want you to have a positive experience shopping on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a buyer.
This policy is a part of our Terms & Conditions. By shopping on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop you’re agreeing to this policy and our Terms & Conditions.
Understanding MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop’s Limitations as a Venue
MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop provides a venue for buyers to find, learn about, and enter into transactions with sellers of luxury goods around the world. It is important to note, however, that MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop, but from one of the many luxury sellers on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop;
- MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop does not pre-screen sellers and therefore does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or language used in listings or shop policies).
- Each seller on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop accepts different payment methods and has their own processing times, shipping methods, and shop policies.
As a visitor of MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop, you have the opportunity to flag an item or a shop that violates any of MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shops policies. Flagging is confidential.
Communicating with MillionDollarVillas Luxury Sellers
You can use MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop’s Chat tool to communicate directly with sellers or other MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop members. Chats are a great way to ask sellers any questions you have about an item or an order. However Chats may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a seller intentionally interferes with another seller’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop Chat system to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member; or
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review
Any use of Chat to harass other members, to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation is strictly prohibited. If you receive a Chat that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
Purchasing an Item on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop
When you buy from a shop on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop, you’re directly supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, policies, processing times, and payment systems. By making a purchase from a seller on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop, you agree that you:
- Have read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase
- Have submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased
- Have provided accurate shipping information to the seller
You also agree to comply with our Direct Checkout Policy when you use MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop’s Direct Checkout payment platform.
Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller’s items and reputation, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
You can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of your purchase, for 60 days after your item’s expected delivery date. The estimated delivery date is the purchase date + processing time + shipping time. You can edit your review, any number of times during that 60 day period.
By leaving a review or photograph, you acknowledge that:
- Your review and/or photograph and profile information will be publicly displayed on the seller’s listing and review pages.
- Reviews and photographs may not:
a. Contain private information;
b. Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
c. Contain medical drug claims;
d. Contain advertising or spam;
e. Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop or a third party; or
f. Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
- Extortion is not allowed on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop. Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop. Examples of extortion include the following:
a. A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing additional items that were not agreed upon in the original transaction.
b. A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing a refund when a refund is not warranted. Read this Help Page for more information.
- Shilling is not allowed on MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop. Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a shop’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a seller look more desirable by increasing the shop’s number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the buyer. For more information on shilling, including examples, please read this Help Page.
By uploading a photograph to MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop’s website or mobile app, you warrant that:
- You own the photograph or you have the rights or permission to use the photograph and
- You understand that, as stated in MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop’s Terms & Conditions, MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop has license to use any content you provide to MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop.
Sellers may respond to reviews of three or fewer stars. Sellers’ responses to reviews must also comply with this policy. Sellers may hide photographs that they do not feel accurately represent their brand, or they may report reviews that violate our Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right to remove reviews or photographs that violate our policies or Terms and Conditions.
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like usernames, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or harassing;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop’s Help System
Although MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a help system in the unlikely event your purchase from a seller does not go as expected. You can use MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop’s help system to come to a resolution with the seller in the event of a non-delivery, or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing. (Click here to learn how to open a case.) You can file a case under the following circumstances:
A Non-Delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but the seller does not ship the item or does not ship the item to the correct address. The following are examples of Non-Delivery cases:
- An item was never sent.
- An item was sent to an address that is not on the MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop receipt.
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer’s address.
An item is Not as Described if it is materially different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of Not as Described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The seller failed to disclose the fact that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- A buyer purchased three items but only received two.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented. For example, the description at the time of purchase said the item was “new” and the item is used.
Not as Described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- A deadline was agreed upon by the buyer and seller.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
The following are not eligible for MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop’s help system:
- Items that have been purchased in person
- Intangible items, services, or prohibited items
- Transactions where payment is not made through MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop’s Direct Checkout payment system
- Items that are returned without a return agreement
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, or washed after receiving them
- Physical or tangible items that are not available for return because they have been destroyed or discarded by the buyer
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays
- Cancelled transactions that have already resulted in a refund
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions.
Returning an Item
Each seller has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined in their Shop Policies. Not all sellers accept returns. If you reside in the European Union, you may be entitled to a 14-day “cooling off period,” or a “right of withdrawal,” during which you may return an item for any reason. Read more about the EU right of withdrawal in this Help article.