Canceling a Sale
Only sellers may cancel transactions.
If a buyer would like to request cancellation, the buyer should ask the seller via MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop Chat system.
Sellers may accept returns, but in most cases are not required to do so unless they state they do in their Shop Policies or are required by local laws. Buyers should read sellers’ Shop Policies carefully and contact sellers before shipping a return.
Sellers agree to complete valid transactions, but occasionally a seller may need to cancel a transaction.
As a seller, if you’re unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop Chat and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. Sellers are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
To cancel a transaction or order:
1.) Go to Your shop > Order Status
2.) Find the order or transaction you need to cancel. Click on Cancelled or Failed.
3.) In the Order section of the receipt page, click Cancel a transaction.
4.) Fill out the form to request cancellation of some or all transactions within the order.
5.) Choose a reason why you’re canceling. To avoid buyer confusion, we recommend leaving a detailed note further explaining why you’re canceling.
MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop will email a notification to both you and the buyer.
Cancellations process within 48 hours.
Your MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop bill will be credited for the applicable fees, and the transaction will move to the Canceled tab on your Orders page. MillionDollarVillas Luxury Shop will email you a receipt when your cancellation processes.
Canceling doesn’t put the item(s) back for sale in your shop. You can renew a sold out item by going to Your shop > Quick links > Orders and clicking Sold Out on the left.
A seller may cancel a transaction under the following circumstances:
- The buyer did not pay. (The seller may flag a buyer for a payment not received, chargeback, or canceled payment.)
- Both the buyer and seller agree to cancel the transaction before shipment, and the seller has issued the buyer a full refund.
- The seller has decided to refuse service to the buyer, and if the buyer has already paid, the seller has issued a full refund, including shipping.
- The buyer did not receive the item(s) ordered, even though the seller has provided proof of shipping, and the seller has issued a refund for the item. (Refunding shipping is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Checkout, in which case you’ll need to refund in full.)
- The buyer and seller agreed that the buyer could return the item to the seller for a refund. The seller has received the returned item and issued a refund to the buyer for the item. (Refunding shipping is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Checkout, in which case you’ll need to refund in full.)
How you cancel depends on how the buyer paid.
- If the buyer paid via Direct Checkout, issue a full refund from your Shop Payment Account before you cancel.
- If the buyer paid to your PayPal account, check, money order, or “Other” payment method, refund the buyer through the appropriate method, and be prepared to provide proof of refund in case of a dispute.